US says ‘Pax Silica’ declaration rejects weaponised dependency, UN reports over 5,000 women and girls killed in Ukraine since Russia’s 2022 invasion, NIA moves Calcutta High Court alleging West Bengal Police refuses to hand over Beldanga violence case diary, Jharkhand FM Radhakrishna Kishore presents Rs6,450 crore 3rd supplementary budget,

UK blocks Trump from using RAF Fairford for strikes on Iran

The UK has taken a firm stance not to allow President Donald Trump to use RAF Fairford, near Swindon, for air strikes on Iran. This decision of UK could increase tensions over the planned transfer of the Chagos Islands to Mauritius. Kieir Starmer's government declined to authorise American long-range bombing operations from RAF Fairford near Swindon, citing that participation in pre-emptive attacks on Iran could breach international law. Washington has stepped up its military presence in the Middle East and is drawing up contingency plans for possible strikes against Iran.
Detailed military plans were drawn up by the White House for a strike on Iran, involving the use of RAF Fairford near Swindon, according to new reports by The Times. The RAF base, which draws in thousands of visitors to the Royal International Air Tattoo each year, is home to America's fleet of heavy bombers in Europe. Due to agreements in place between the UK and USA, bases such as RAF Fairford can only be used for military operations if they are agreed in advance with the UK government.
Trump criticised the UK stance and warned against relinquishing control of the Chagos Islands. On Truth Social, he said the United States might need access to Diego Garcia and RAF Fairford "in order to eradicate a potential attack by a highly unstable and dangerous Regime." Trump criticised the UK stance and warned against relinquishing control of the Chagos Islands. On Truth Social, he said the United States might need access to Diego Garcia and RAF Fairford "in order to eradicate a potential attack by a highly unstable and dangerous Regime."
Tensions have grown in recent months over Britain’s plan to hand the Chagos Islands to Mauritius and lease back Diego Garcia for 99 years at a reported £35 billion. Washington sees the base as vital to Indo-Pacific and Middle East operations. Trump, who has alternated between backing and criticising the arrangement, again urged Britain not to proceed, writing, "DO NOT GIVE AWAY DIEGO GARCIA!" He previously called the agreement a "big mistake."


Newsinc24 is now on telegram. Click here to join our channel @newsinc24 and stay updated with the latest news from politics, entertainment and other fields.

Food & Lifestyle

Healthy eating is important at all ages of life but nutritional requirements of the human body change as we move through different life stages.

Read More

Crime

In Uttar Pradesh, a Special POCSO Court in Banda on Friday awarded death sentence to two child predators.

Read More

Opinion

Gold’s robust surge in 2025 has done more than generate eye-popping returns  it has signalled a deeper economic shift. 

Read More

Credibility Matters at Newsinc24.com because it is a website that gives you fast and accurate news coverage. It provides news related to politics, astrotalk, business, sports as well as crime. Also it has book promotion too. We known for our credibity. You can contact us for your querries on our email address. And, If you want to know more about us, then check the relevant pages for this purpose.