Senior Congress leader K Muraleedharan on Sunday hit out at Shashi Tharoor again, saying that he will not be invited to any party programme in Thiruananthpuram till he changes his stance on the national security issue. Muraleedharan said that Tharoor, also a Congress Working Committee (CWC) member, was no longer considered as "one of us". He added that the party’s national leadership would decide what action to take against Tharoor.
Muraleedharan told reporters, responding to questions about Tharoor sticking to his views on national security. His remarks came a day after Tharoor defended his position while speaking at an event in Kochi. “The nation comes first, and parties are the means of making the country better,” Tharoor had said. “A lot of people have been very critical of me because of my stand supporting the armed forces and the central government in connection with what happened recently in the country and its borders. But I will stand my ground, because I believe this is the right thing for the country,” he said.
Muraleedharn had earlier hit out at Tharoor over sharing of a survey suggesting he is UDF's preferred choice for Chief Minister, saying "he should first decide which party he belongs to". He had also attacked Tharoor following his article criticising Indira Gandhi over the Emergency appearing in a Malayalam daily. Muraleedharan had urged the CWC member to choose a clear political path if he felt constrained within the Congress.
Newsinc24 Team





Related Items
Supreme Court slams freebies given by states
Will Kamal Nath be Congress RS candidate from MP?
Samajwadi Party insulted a woman Governor, UP CM slams Opposition