Amid the ongoing power tussle within the ruling Congress in Karnataka, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday asserted that the party-led government will remain in power for two more years and that he will continue in the top post. He made the remarks while campaigning for Congress candidate for Bagalkote by-poll, Umesh Meti. "If this constituency has to develop, it can be done only if the Congress candidate wins," Siddaramaiah said.
Siddaramaiah framed the election as a choice between governance and stagnation, stating that voters must elect a “people-centric leader” who can carry forward welfare-oriented policies. He appealed to the electorate to turn out in large numbers on polling day and cast their vote in favour of the Congress symbol to ensure victory. His comment is being seen as a direct message to both party cadres and opposition ranks that the government remains stable and focused on governance.
Siddaramaiah said that under his leadership, the state government had taken a decision to provide Rs 40 lakh per acre for irrigated land and Rs 30 lakh per acre for dry land as compensation, and assured that the process would be completed within three years. The Chief Minister further assured that all necessary steps would be taken to develop Aihole as a major historical destination. He accused the BJP-led Central government of adopting an anti-people stance on the Upper Krishna Project and Almatti dam issues, stating that even after years, no gazette notification had been issued. He also alleged that despite being in power for four years in the state, the BJP had announced land compensation but failed to release funds.
(State Correspondent)
Dr Mysi Patil




.jpg)
Related Items
DMK calls Congress' move to support TVK a 'backstab'
Karnataka transport unions call indefinite bus strike from May 20
Karnataka Cong MLA Vinay Kulkarni disqualified after conviction