The U.S. aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln arrived in the Middle East on Monday, accompanied by warships, amid growing speculation that President Donald Trump could soon order an American strike against Iran. as per local media reports, the carrier strike group, which includes several destroyers under U.S. Central Command, entered the region after Trump said last week that the United States has an “armada” on the way to Iran. The USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72), a Nimitz-class nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and the lead vessel of Carrier Strike Group 3, passed through the Strait of Malacca on January 19. The transit was accompanied by three Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers — USS Frank E. Petersen Jr. (DDG-121), USS Spruance (DDG-111) and USS Michael Murphy (DDG-112) — which provided escort during the passage. Over 1,000 missiles and more than 100 sltealth jets are reportedly positioned against Ira,report said.
In addition to the carrier group, the Pentagon has moved fighter jets and air defense systems to the Middle East. The Abraham Lincoln, which had been operating in the South China Sea, changed course toward the region more than a week ago. Its strike group includes Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, each armed with Tomahawk missiles.
On Sunday, a large billboard was erected in Tehran’s Revolution Square depicting a US aircraft carrier under attack, leaving what were portrayed as “trails of blood” forming a bleeding American flag. Alongside the image appeared the phrase in English: “If you sow the wind, you will reap the whirlwind.”
In a post on social media, United States Central Command said the carrier and its strike group "is currently deployed to the Middle East to promote regional security and stability." Trump has repeatedly warned that the United States could intervene if Iran continued killing protesters and at the height of the unrest said that “help is on the way.” The protests have since subsided, reportedly after thousands were killed. Trump later said he had been told the killings had stopped and that there was currently no intention to carry out executions.
Newsinc24 Team





Related Items
Trump says Iran deal reopening Strait of Hormuz ‘largely negotiated’
Iran is the number one state sponsor of terror, says Trump
Sensex rises 232 pts, Nifty at 23719 amid Iran-US deal hopes