Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa cancelled the night curfew declared due to public demand. It was imposed for 9 days from Thursday. He said the curfew was being withdrawn "after getting feedback from the public".Therefore there will be no night curfew from tonight. Hotels and Bar associations has criticised the government move saying it is now on recovery path. Even media has questioned the veracity of such night curfew. Elected representatives and officials were also against the move. Even the opposition congress has ridiculed it. CM has changed the order 3 times correcting the time of curfew.
"The night curfew had been announced to curtail the spread of the new coronavirus strain after getting advice from experts. After getting feedback from the public, the issue was re-examined, and in consultation with cabinet colleagues and senior officials, the decision has been withdrawn," a statement from the Chief Minister's office said."The public should undertake self-regulation, use masks, social distance, avoid unnecessary travel and follow government guidelines on the control of COIVD-19," the statement added.
Dr Mysi Patil




.jpg)
Related Items
Karnataka transport unions call indefinite bus strike from May 20
Karnataka Cong MLA Vinay Kulkarni disqualified after conviction
EC can choose counting personnel, no further order needed: SC to TMC