In Karnataka, more than two dozen schools in Bengaluru received bomb threats Friday morning through email, police said. The email claimed that explosives had been planted on school premises.Police were immediately notified and have been searching the schools for any suspicious objects. Bomb disposal squads have been dispatched to all the schools that received the bomb threat, including ones in Whitefield, Koremangala, Basveshnagar, Yalahanka, and Sadashivanagar.Cops have also evacuated students and staff from the schools as a precautionary measure and many schools have instructed parents to come and pick up their children early. While the calls appear to be a hoax, the police is taking no chances and is making every effort to trace the culprits responsible," Bengaluru Police Commissioner B Dyanand said.
Certain schools in Bengaluru city have received emails today morning indicating 'bomb threat'. Anti sabotage and bomb detection squads have been pressed into service to verify and ascertain. The calls seem to be hoax. Even then all efforts will be made to trace the culprits. pic.twitter.com/QqBaSuJ11W
— CP Bengaluru ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಆಯುಕ್ತ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (@CPBlr) December 1, 2023
In light of the bomb threat, one of the schools issued an advisory to parents."We are encountering an unexpected situation at school today. The school has received a security threat from unknown sources. As we hold the safety of our children at utmost priority, we have decided to disperse the students immediately," the advisory read Chief Minister Siddaramaiah reassured parents on Friday, stating, "Precautionary measures have been implemented, and there's no need for parents to panic." One of the schools that received the bomb threat is located near Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar's residence. Some mischief-makers might have done this,he said.
#WATCH | Bengaluru: On several schools receiving threat email in Bengaluru, Karnataka Dy CM D K Shivakumar says, "...The parents of children do not need to worry... Within a few hours, our cyber crime department will trap them... It is a hoax call... Parents should not… pic.twitter.com/xOqBz3OaMe
— ANI (@ANI) December 1, 2023
Last year, seven schools in Bengaluru received similar bomb threats but it turned out to be a hoax, police said.
(Dr Mysi Patil, State Correspondent)
Dr Mysi Patil




.jpg)
Related Items
NIA arrests key accused in Kolkata bomb explosion case
Colombia highway bomb attack kills 14
Bangladesh on high alert after militant attack threats