In Karnataka, amid face-off between pro and anti-hijab students iescalated on Tuesday, chief minister Basavaraj Bommai ordered closure of all high schools and colleges in the state for the next three days. The high court, which heard the matter Tuesday, will continue the hearing on Wednesday. The court also asked students and the public at large to maintain peace. "This court has full faith in the wisdom and virtue of public at large and it hopes that the same would be put to practice," Justice Dixit Krishna Shripad said. In a Tweet C M Bommai applead to all to maintain peace. All concerned people are requested to cooperate, Bommai said.
I appeal to all the students, teachers and management of schools and colleges as well as people of karnataka to maintain peace and harmony. I have ordered closure of all high schools and colleges for next three days. All concerned are requested to cooperate.
— Basavaraj S Bommai (@BSBommai) February 8, 2022
The hijab protests began last month at the Government Girls PU College in Udupi when six students alleged that they had been barred from classes for insisting on wearing the headscarf. Right-wing groups in Udupi and Chikkamagaluru objected to Muslim girls wearing the hijab to class. On Friday and Saturday last, a group of students marched to their college wearing saffron scarves.
Dr Mysi Patil




.jpg)
Related Items
NEET paper leak: Delhi Court sends RCC owner to 9-day CBI custody
President approves Ordinance to increase Supreme Court Judges
Sensex fall 500 pts from day's high, Nifty below 23,700