Defence Ministry has approved establishment of wayside amenities - BRO Cafes on 75 border roads in twelve States and Union Territories. These are intended to provide basic amenities and comfort to the tourists and lead to boosting of economic activities in border areas, besides generating employment for the local people. The Ministry said, these wayside amenities will be branded as BRO Cafes.The BRO has its reach in the remotest border areas and besides addressing strategic needs, it has been instrumental in socio-economic upliftment of the Northern and Eastern borders. The scheme provides for development and operation of wayside amenities in public private partnership mode with agencies, on license basis, which will design, build and operate the facility as per guidelines of BRO.
“Amenities like parking for two and four wheelers, food plaza, restaurant, separate rest rooms for men, women and differently-abled, first-aid facilities, MI rooms, etc. are proposed to be provided. Selection of licensees will be done through a competitive process,” it said, adding the terms of the agreement will be for 15 years which may be further extended for a period up to five years.
Locations Of 75 BRO Cafes
- Arunachal Pradesh: Daporijo, Bame, Koloriang, Pasighat, Menchuka, Moying, Thumbin, Yinkiong, Tippi, Durga Mandir, Km 79, Tenga, Rama Camp, Sela Top, Tawang, Jengthu, Hayuliang, Wakro, Changwinti
- Assam: Tezpur Town, BP Tinali
- Himachal Pradesh: Km 8.5, Km .5, Km 11.8, Sissu, Manali, Kharo, Sumdo
- Jammu & Kashmir: TeePee, Tragbal, Hussaingaon, Km 95, Km 117.90, Km 58, Galhar, Siot, Bathuni, Budhal, Kapotha, Surankote
- Ladakh: Matiyan, Kargil, Mulbek, Khaltse, Leh, Hunder, Choglamsar, Rumtse, Debring, Pang, Sarchu, Agham, Nyoma, Hanle
- Manipur: Km 0
- Nagaland: Jakhama
- Punjab: Fazilka
- Rajasthan: Tanot Dett, Km 44.40, Sadhuwali village, Birdhwal, Arjansar
- Sikkim: Kupup Dett
- Uttarakhand: Darkot, Km 61, Km 57.44, Bhaironghati, Birahi, Gwaldham, Pandukeshwar, Manera bypass, Nagni, Kamand, Majri grant
- West Bengal: Melli